The EMBA is a two year (eight quarter), part-time MBA Program. Courses include managerial perspectives on the functional business areas plus integrated coursework and development of managerial skills and a capstone experience.
The Western MBA has been offering an Evening Program for close to 30 years. The curriculum has been proven to successfully prepare graduates for the leadership positions in their organizations. A number of Evening MBA Alumni have reached the C-Suite after completing the Evening MBA Program.
- Lockstep curriculum covering business foundations and enterprise decision making
- Ideal for the working professional looking to gain a competitive advantage
- Support for your career through Western's MBA Career Services Office
- Meets weekly on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-10 on campus in Bellingham, WA
- 24 months, eight academic quarters
- Begins every even numbered year in June (2016, 2018, ...)
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School's ApplyWeb application and pay the $100 application fee.
- Within the application you will be prompted to upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended. If admitted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional application materials are specified below. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.
- International Applicants: Please review the requirements for information regarding Degree Equivalency, English Language Proficiency and student VISA requirements.
The Evening MBA program admits only in the summer term of even-numbered years.
Additional Application Requirements
- Statement of Purpose: We would like to learn as much relevant information about who you are as a person and as a professional to assess your fit with the Western MBA Program. The SOP is also designed to encourage you to think about how the pursuit of an MBA fits into your long‐term career plan. Concise and professional writing is very important. Please organize your SOP so that each section (paragraph or group of paragraphs) is outlined according to the steps below. While there are no length requirements, a well written essay is typically three to five pages in length (single spaced) and free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- Describe your professional, academic and relevant personal background – where you have been and what you have done;
- Provide an assessment of the skills and knowledge you currently have;
- Provide a statement of your long‐term career goals – where you want to be;
- Describe the skills and knowledge you hope to acquire with an MBA that will bridge the gap between where you are and where you would like to be.
- Optional Departmental Scholarship Application (Deadline May 1)
*No GRE or GMAT required