Although it's one of the most ancient disciplines, new math is being created every day. It can be found in everything from internet security, to green energy technology, to Wall Street investment strategies. In short, math is a cutting-edge field.
The M.S. in Mathematics program is small enough to allow a great deal of personal interaction between students and faculty, but also large enough to be flexible in planning individual programs catering for specific interests in pure math, various applied topics, computer science, statistics, and/or mathematical physics.
Our graduate program currently has 18 Teaching Assistants receiving full financial support, and 5 self-supporting students. Our graduates have been very successful both in the general job market and in getting teaching positions in the community colleges. A number go on to Ph.D. programs at prestigious institutions.
Consider visiting Bellingham! See some of our classes in action. Meet current graduate students; find out how they live, what their offices are like, and how they like our program.
The program prepares students for:
- Continuing further graduate studies, or
- Professional employment in industry, or
- College teaching.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School's ApplyWeb application and pay the $100 application fee.
- Within the application you will be prompted to upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended. If admitted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional application materials are specified below. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.
- International Applicants: Please review the requirements for information regarding Degree Equivalency, English Language Proficiency and student VISA requirements.
Additional Application Requirements
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Statement of Purpose (optional)
- GRE scores (Waived for the 2021 application cycle)