Kinesiology - Exercise Science
Graduate study leading to a Master of Science degree in Kinesiology is offered with two options: exercise science and sport psychology.
The purpose of the exercise science option is to provide students with the technical and professional knowledge necessary for the assessment and improvement of human movement and performance. Students will be provided with information that will assist them in the design and implementation of programs that enhance human movement and performance. Through independent research and inquiry, students will solve problems associated with human movement and performance.
The educational mission of the program is to develop individuals who make informed decisions about exercise, human movement, and performance that foster health and physically active lifestyles. To this end faculty are dedicated to quality teaching, scholarship and service.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School's ApplyWeb application and pay the $100 application fee.
- Within the application you will be prompted to upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended. If admitted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional application materials are specified below. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.
- International Applicants: Please review the requirements for information regarding Degree Equivalency, English Language Proficiency and student VISA requirements.
Additional Application Requirements
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- GRE scores (not required if you hold an advanced degree - Master's, PhD, JD, MD, etc.) Waived for 2021 application season
- Statement of Purpose: Please outline areas of interest, goals for graduate study and future career plans related to the degree.
To receive full consideration for a graduate teaching assistantship, apply by January 15.
- Fall priority deadline: January 15. Final deadline: June 1.
- Winter: October 1
- Spring: February 1