Campus Resources for Graduate Students

WWU building with trees on the right side and grass in the foreground

Directory of Grad Student Resources

Need to connect with a specific campus service or resource? We've compiled the following comprehensive listing for quick reference. For additional assistance, feel free to email or connect with us in the Grad Hub.


Western Libraries provides research tools, services, and spaces to support your academic growth and success.

The Disability Access Center works to ensure full access and inclusion for every student in Western's community.

See Academic Technology and User Services (ATUS) for all of your technology needs, including software, equipment loan, computer labs, and more.

See the Student Technology Center (STC) for peer tech tutoring, workshops, large format printing, equipment, audio visual and virtual reality labs, and even a sewing room.

The Career Services Center provides resources such as career counseling, resume and cover letter resources, online and in person job fairs, free professional clothing, and access to Handshake.

Campus Life

Campus Recreation includes the Student Rec Center, group fitness classes, intramural sports, and sport clubs. Your student recreation fee (if you are taking 6 or more credits on the main campus) covers your access to the Rec Center.

The Outdoor Center provides equipment rentals, excursions, a bike shop, wellness activities, and more!

Off Campus Living includes a Bellingham Housing Marketplace page, information about renting and renters' rights, and links for accessing basic needs.

Student Transportation

Parking, bus passes, shuttles, and info about traveling to and from Bellingham.

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) supports students who travel from around the world to study and work at Western.

LGBTQ+ Western works to advance the holistic thriving of diverse LGBTQ+ students, faculty and staff at Western Washington University by collaboratively engaging the university community with transformational knowledge, resources, advocacy and celebration.

The Office of Multicultural Student Services (MSS) is a structure of support centering students with marginalized identities. This support includes providing leadership and direction for the Ethnic Student Center, Blue Resource Center, and Black Student Coalition. In the coming years, the MSS will also be home to a Latine/x cultural center, an Asian American & Pacific Islander cultural center, and a social justice resource center.

Western's services and support for undocumented students are collected online here. Also see the Blue Resource Center.

Veteran Services Office provides support for student veterans and their dependents and assists you in accessing your tuition benefits.


Health and Safety

The Counseling and Wellness Center (CWC) provides clinical services and wellness programs to support your personal and academic goals and to enhance your personal growth and wellbeing here at Western and beyond. 

The Student Health Center is Western's primary care medical clinic specializing in college health. Staffed by a team of board-certified family physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, and support staff, we provide an extensive array of services, including preventive and behavioral health care, management of general health concerns, treatment of illnesses and injuries, sexual health, and LGBTQ+ care.

The Office of Student Life can connect you with an array of basic needs resources, including referrals and case management.

SEBRT consists of a Bias Response Team and a Structural Equity Team. These two teams will work together to support people impacted by bias incidents and examine and offer alternatives to conditions at Western that give rise to such incidents.

CRTC is a central intake and referral resource for all matters that potentially involve protected class discrimination, sex & gender-based violence, or civil rights compliance. CRTC implements the University’s discrimination grievance procedure and may help to resolve concerns through an investigation, informal resolution, or by providing support measures.

Financial Resources

Search for scholarships, apply for the Student Emergency Fund when it is available, and find other scholarship seeking resources.

Scholarship Center

RSP manages the Graduate Student Research & Creative Opportunities Grant and can help you apply for other external grants and funding opportunities, such as the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.

Research & Sponsored Programs

Dr. Ryan Larsen of Western's Institute for Global Engagement advises graduate students interested in applying to be Fulbright Scholars.

Contact Ryan

The Graduate School administers the Ross Travel Grant, which provides funding for graduate students to attend conferences.

Information about teaching assistant compensation can be found on the Graduate School's website.

Graduate students may be eligible for federal loans and work study.

Financial Aid Office