About the Kitto Grad Student Hub
Vision and Goals Statement
The Kitto Graduate Student Hub cultivates a community of support for Western Washington University’s graduate students. Forwarding the university's vision that individuals are prepared and inspired “to explore widely, think critically, communicate clearly, and connect ideas creatively to address our most challenging needs, problems, and questions,” the Kitto Graduate Student Hub is committed to broadening and strengthening Western’s graduate student experience by:
- Fostering a sense of community and belonging that recognizes, welcomes, and celebrates the diversity of graduate students at Western.
- Increasing visibility of university and community resources focused on access, equity, academic excellence, and professional/career development.
- Providing access to a community of peer advisors focused on wellbeing, connection, and navigating university-wide supports.
- Offering access to a community of co-inquirers with expertise in an array of academic literacies and disciplines.
- Facilitating a central and flexible physical space for independent and collaborative endeavors that support student agency.