Required Employment Documents

New employees and rehires (if last Form I-9 was completed over 3 years ago) are required to complete employment documents prior to starting any work for Western.

Fall Quarter TAs official employment start date is September 16.

1) W-4 Form

Download the W-4 form.

Complete, print, and submit to Human Resources office.

Please give your permanent address or the address where you want your W-2 to be mailed in January. A completed W-4 form with valid social security number, or note of verification if you are applying for a social security number, is a condition of employment at WWU. Human Resources requires this form prior to payroll processing.

If your assistantship or employment from a previous year is continuing, the W-4 is already on file. If you wish to change the number of exemptions, please submit a new W-4 to Human Resources. If your W-2 address changes, submit an address change form online from your Web4U account. (Note: This is the same site at which you can change your mailing or permanent address.)

2) I-9 Form

Download the I-9 form.

HR is back to accepting new hire paperwork in person (Humanities building, Room 203, 8 am-5 pm) but also offering the option of meeting via Zoom to complete I-9s. To make an appointment, please contact Human resources at or at 360-650-7718.  You must submit the I-9 Form and provide acceptable identity documents before starting work.

The Employment Eligibility Verification is required for employment purposes by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The I-9 must be completed no later than September 15 for Fall Quarter TAs. The original is kept on file in the HR office. This form is required prior to payroll processing. Delay in submitting it to HR may mean a delay in receiving your pay check.


3) Employee Information Form

Complete and submit the e-sign form online.

Optional Forms

Direct Deposit Authorization

Enroll via Web4U or complete paper form and submit to Human Resources.