Master of Business Administration (Weekend, Everett)
Please note: Due to the closure of many testing centers and social distancing protocols, the GRE or GMAT testing requirement for this program has been waived for the Winter 2021 application cycle.
The Western Washington University’s College of Business and Economics Weekend MBA in Everett is an interdisciplinary enterprise management program focused on assisting working professionals as they evolve into adaptive leaders prepared to manage in the dynamic, changing and interconnected contemporary business environment.
The WWU MBA prepares enterprise managers through technical, managerial and leadership curricula. The two-year program is designed to serve the needs of working professionals from Seattle through the North Puget Sound Region. Meeting conveniently every other weekend on Friday afternoons and evenings and through the day on Saturday, with just five weekends per quarter in Everett, the program is designed to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals.
All courses are developed and taught by core faculty from the College of Business and Economics. Dedicated MBA career services provide salary negotiation and upward mobility support for graduating professionals. The Western MBA Program has AACSB accreditation, a distinction achieved by only 5% of business programs worldwide. Our graduates are capable, hardworking, resilient, holistic drivers of business progress and value.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School's ApplyWeb application and pay the $100 application fee.
- Within the application you will be prompted to upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended. If admitted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional application materials are specified below. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.
- International Applicants: Please review the requirements for information regarding Degree Equivalency, English Language Proficiency and student VISA requirements.
The Weekend MBA program begins every other even numbered year in January. The application deadline is October of every odd numbered year preceding the start of the program.
Additional Application Requirements
- GMAT or GRE scores (Note: this requirement has been waived for the Winter 2021 application cycle)
- Statement of Purpose: We would like to learn as much relevant information about who you are as a person and as a professional to assess your fit with the Western MBA Program. The SOP is also designed to encourage you to think about how the pursuit of an MBA fits into your long‐term career plan. 1. Describe your professional, academic and relevant personal background – where you have been and what you have done; 2. Provide an assessment of the skills and knowledge you currently have; 3. Provide a statement of your long‐term career goals – where you want to be; 4. Describe the skills and knowledge you hope to acquire with an MBA that will bridge the gap between where you are and where you would like to be. Concise and professional writing is very important. Please organize your SOP so that each section (paragraph or group of paragraphs) is outlined according to the steps above. While there are no length requirements, a well written essay is typically three to five pages in length (single spaced) and free of grammatical and typographical errors.
- Winter: November 1