Kinesiology - Sport Psychology
Graduate study leading to a Master of Science degree in Kinesiology is offered with two options: exercise science and sport and exercise psychology.
The purpose of the sport and exercise psychology option is to educate students technically and professionally in the area of sport and exercise psychology. The focus is on assisting students in the design, implementation, and assessment of the psychological components of exercise, sport, and wellness programs. Through independent research and inquiry, students will solve sport and exercise psychology related problems associated with human movement and performance.
The educational mission of the program is to develop individuals who make informed decisions about exercise, human movement, and performance that foster health and physically active lifestyles. To this end faculty are dedicated to quality teaching, scholarship and service.
- All applicants must complete the Graduate School's ApplyWeb application and pay the $100 application fee.
- Within the application you will be prompted to upload an unofficial transcript from each institution attended. If admitted, you will be asked to provide official transcripts.
- Additional application materials are specified below. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received by the Graduate School.
- International Applicants: Please review the requirements for information regarding Degree Equivalency, English Language Proficiency and student VISA requirements.
The Sport Psychology program admits only Fall Quarter of odd-numbered years.
Additional Application Requirements
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- GRE scores (not required if you hold an advanced degree - Master's, PhD, JD, MD, etc.) Waived for 2021 application season
- Statement of Purpose: Please outline areas of interest, goals for graduate study and future career plans related to the degree.
- Fall: January 15